In this article, we will give you all information regarding the merge two facts in family tree maker. It is possible to merge all the duplicate facts or two facts with different values.
Steps to Follow Merge Two Facts in Family Tree Maker
You need to back up your data before merging. Sometimes there may be two names for the same person or maybe two birthplaces of the same member. In that case, you have to select one which will show up in your family tree maker.
- Open FTM 2017 on your computer.
- Select trees or trees you want to work with.
- Open fact, two or more.
- Right-click on fact.
- There will be an option of “merge duplicate facts” and you have to click on it.
This is the complete process for merge duplicate facts in family tree maker. You can easily do this on your system otherwise call for the customer service at the number in the below paragraph.
- Before you merge two facts in FTM, first back up your data. Because after merging you cannot access other information.
- Before merging it is advised to read the information properly.
- Also, you can store your data on one hard disk or any other software and it is advisable too.
- It is suggested to back up regularly your data.
You can also call for the tech facilities if you are not getting things properly. It is a premium facility and we charge for it, you can call Family Tree Maker Help at +1-800-410-2443 for customer services.
FAQ: Merge Duplicate Facts in FTM
Que:- How do you merge duplicates in Family Tree Maker?
Ans:- Click the name of one of the duplicate people in the index on the Family tab of the People workspace. Click Person>Merge Two Specific Individuals from the drop-down menu. A message asks you to save a backup of your file. We recommend that you make a backup before making any big changes.
Que:- Can you merge two trees in Family Tree Maker?
Ans:- You can merge a file in its entirety or in parts into your current tree. You can import a file from a GEDCOM, PAF, or other file types to merge into your tree or merge a tree file from another Family Tree Maker file. When you’re done, the Merge Wizard creates and merges all of the records according to your specifications.
Que:- How to merge two trees on Ancestry?
Ans:- It is not possible to merge family trees, but you can copy people between trees one by one. On their profile page, select “Tools,” then “Save to Tree” to copy someone to another tree.
- How to Convert a Family Tree Maker File?
- How To Fix Display Issues in FTM for Windows?
- Learn to Fixing Page or Button Problems on Ancestry
|Home Page||Family Tree Maker Help|