In this blog, we will learn how to convert a family tree maker file from the old version to the new version. You will be guided with the right methods to accomplish the same here. You will successfully complete the process. However, if you have any other issues, you can always contact the experts at Family Tree Maker Help Number at any moment.
How to Convert a Family Tree Maker File – Easy Steps
First of all, make sure the external hard disc is in good working conditions or not. If your FTM data is stored on an external hard drive.
To check the hard drive, follow the steps below:-
- If that’s the case, press and hold the window + R key at the same time.
- A “RUN” box will appear.
- In the “C:” box, type “C:”.
- This will open the computer’s C drive.
- Find out Check to see if you have an external hard drive with FTM data on it.
- If you don’t notice your external hard disc connected, please unplug it and reconnect it.
- Check to see if your family tree’s default location is still the same as before.
- Open the Family Tree Maker software to see if the default location is selected.
- After that, click on the tools and select options. You will be able to see the family tree software location.
- Check if your folders are not in read-only mode.
- Then, Click on the documents folder.
- Then, you have to go to the Documents folder and click on the right corner.
- Select the properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the General tab and you will the box that says attributes. This may fix your problem.
As a result, after completing the following steps you can easily convert a family tree maker file in the old version to the new version. Nevertheless, If you face any problem regarding covert a family tree maker file and other problems you can contact us at Family Tree Maker Help Number +1-800-410-2443.
Our toll-free number is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to our consumers. You can get the answer to your problem with only one phone call.